on the road with Animalcouriers

Can you offer lovely Lucy a new UK home?

Lucy, a lovely dog rescued by Lesvos Stray Dog and Cat Adoptions, was booked to travel with us to her new home in the UK later this month.

Unfortunately, her new home has fallen through. Lucy won’t be able to join our trip unless she has an alternative new home to go to.

Rebecca from the charity tells us how she found Lucy, and what she’s like.

“I saw her on the streets for some weeks. When I first called her she came running. She jumped into my car as soon as I opened the door, and laid down on the back seat. I took her to my office where she ate and slept for a few hours.

I drove her to stay at a kennels, where she gets on with everyone and all the other dogs. She’s clever and so easy going, she’s allowed in the kennel owner’s house. She gets on with everyone and all the other dogs.

I have lots of cats at the office and she just ignored them all. She’s very obedient — just aristocratic. The kennel owner and I would keep her if we could. For the kennel owner to say that, after seeing so many dogs, really says something. We want a home for her indoors with a family, where she’ll be loved and cared for as a gracious pet.”

If you can offer Lucy a new home, please write to: lesvosstraydogcatadoptions@gmail.com

Lucy in the car

Lucy in the car

Playing with a friend

Playing with a friend

Walking on the lead

Walking on the lead

A very relaxed Lucy

A very relaxed Lucy

By |2016-10-17T10:49:33+00:00Thursday, November 5, 2015|animal rescue, animal shelter|53 Comments

53 Comments

1. Jovina Coughlin November 5, 2015 at 1:30 pm - Reply

Lucy looks like a lovely dog who would make someone a great pet. I hope someone volunteers.

2. easyweimaraner November 5, 2015 at 1:36 pm - Reply

I hope there is a new home in sight soon for you Lucy. I will share this post, maybe some friends on the other side of the channel have an idea?

• Animalcouriers November 6, 2015 at 8:33 am - Reply

Thank you Easy, that is very kind. Got good news this morning so fingers crossed it works out for Lucy!

3. stoneywarren November 5, 2015 at 1:58 pm - Reply

Lovely girl. I hope she finds a home soon. This is how we ended up with our girl, when her planned home in the UK dropped out. Good luck Lucy!

• Animalcouriers November 6, 2015 at 8:34 am - Reply

Erasmia is a super role model for Lucy! Things are looking better for Lucy already – fingers crossed.

4. crazytraintotinkytown November 5, 2015 at 2:23 pm - Reply

keep us posted

5. Rhonda November 5, 2015 at 2:33 pm - Reply

Sweet thing. Prayers headed her way

6. Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady November 5, 2015 at 2:56 pm - Reply

Aw I will share!! What a sweetie she is!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

7. Timothy Price November 5, 2015 at 3:02 pm - Reply

I wish Lucy luck on getting a new home.

8. Me November 5, 2015 at 3:08 pm - Reply

I hope she finds her forever home. She’s beautiful and sounds like such a wonderful dog.

9. Curt Mekemson November 5, 2015 at 4:22 pm - Reply

Good luck Lucy. Somebody will take you in and love you. –Curt

• Animalcouriers November 6, 2015 at 9:10 am - Reply

It’s possible that she’ll be referred to as ‘Lucky Lucy’ soon!

10. ruthdetwiler November 5, 2015 at 4:22 pm - Reply

Oh I wish I could but am sending prayers and good vibes her way.

11. IreneDesign2011 November 5, 2015 at 5:41 pm - Reply

Send my best wishes and hope for a forever home for Lucy 🙂

12. onespoiledcat November 5, 2015 at 8:47 pm - Reply

Oh I do hope Lucy can find a home…..she’s got a PRECIOUS face………sounds like she really is a perfect addition for someone to their family too! GOOD LUCK LUCY!

Hugs, Pam

• Animalcouriers November 6, 2015 at 9:38 am - Reply

She is a delightful dog and it’s looking good for Lucy…!

13. angelswhisper2011 November 5, 2015 at 8:48 pm - Reply

We hope Lucy finds a furrever home. She deserves it 🙂 Good Luck Pawkisses are on the way 🙂 <3

14. Sand Spring Chesapeakes November 6, 2015 at 2:04 am - Reply

Poor Lucy, I hope she gets a home soon.

15. pussycats3 November 6, 2015 at 3:36 am - Reply

She is a sweetheart! Hoping someone will step up and claim her as their own.

16. Gunta November 6, 2015 at 3:55 am - Reply

What a beauty. I do hope she finds a perfect home.

• Animalcouriers November 6, 2015 at 9:40 am - Reply

She certainly is and things are looking good on the perfect home front!

17. davidprosser November 6, 2015 at 6:59 am - Reply

I hope you find Lucy a wonderful home.
    Hugs

18. Mrs houliston November 6, 2015 at 8:26 am - Reply

I would love to offer lucy a home. I have just rescued a male gsd cross husky a few weeks ago and he is so affectionate with other dogs, I live on a 12! Acre farm with horses and no main roads, there is always someone at home. She looks beautiful, I have rescued.several german shepherds over the past years

19. Theanne aka magnoliamoonpie November 6, 2015 at 1:52 pm - Reply

I hope Lucy has found a home or that the possibility is lurking in the very near future. 🙂

• Animalcouriers November 6, 2015 at 6:47 pm - Reply

The possibility is certainly lurking and we all have our fingers crossed!

20. becomingcliche November 7, 2015 at 1:18 am - Reply

I sure hope things work out for Lucy!

21. Sonel November 7, 2015 at 5:00 am - Reply

Oh my word! She is totally adorable! If only I could take her in AC! She and Russel (our JR that we adopted a while back) would have lots of fun and it looks like she loves walkies. Russel can’t wait to go for a walk. My dear little man Simba, who will be 17 in December also used to love his walkies, but he is blind now and the little legs can walk so far anymore.

I truly wish you get a wonderful home for this little darling. It makes me sad when I see beautiful furries like this without a home. Thanks to everyone for taking such great care of her. 😀 ♥

• Animalcouriers November 11, 2015 at 5:23 pm - Reply

She really is a gorgeous dog who will find that home soon.

Your pair sound wonderful. Simba no doubt enjoys every little pleasure left to him. Keep going strong dear boy!

22. speedyrabbit November 7, 2015 at 7:09 am - Reply

Hope she gets that home soon,have shared on FB, xx Speedy and Rachel

• Animalcouriers November 11, 2015 at 5:23 pm - Reply

Thanks Speedy and Rachel – that’s very kind! We’re hopeful that Lucy will have that home soon.

23. Karin Pinkham November 9, 2015 at 1:57 pm - Reply

Oh, she’s just beautiful. Much hope she finds a wonderful home soon.

24. Prayers for beautiful Lucy that she finds a good home soon.

• Animalcouriers November 11, 2015 at 5:24 pm - Reply

Thanks for the prayers – we’re pretty sure they’re going to be answered soon.