Animalcouriers provides a safe, reliable service for pet travel by road throughout Europe and the UK. Our couriers are experienced drivers and our vehicles are customised with comfortable travel compartments and security features. We aim to make pet road travel an affordable service while prioritising the animals’ welfare and safety.
Our clients appreciate that our trips may take longer than some other companies offer, because we build in time for all pets to eat, drink and rest, and for dogs to have plenty of walks and wee stops.
on the journey
- Our pet couriers are trained and experienced animal handlers — find out more about us
- We have a range of custom-fitted vehicles, all with air-conditioning and/or electric airflow
- We provide appropriate accommodation for each type and size of animal — we’ll ask you for your pet’s dimensions and weight so that we can make sure it has a comfortable travel compartment
- We follow a strict cleaning and disinfection regime
- Our journeys incorporate time to clean, feed and exercise the pets
- Overnight stops at secure locations ensure animals have sufficient rest
- If transporting pets by road isn’t feasible or you’re travelling beyond Europe, we also offer an animal air travel service
- You can follow your pet’s progress on our blog, on twitter and on facebook — or feel free to give us a call
- London deliveries are generally made in the evening — it’s quicker, and so better for animal welfare
pet passports & AHCs
We can advise on pet passports, animal health certificates, and any other import/export paperwork.
We have partnership arrangements with Eurotunnel and P&O.
three types of road trip
We offer a range of trip types to meet different owner and pet needs. All our trips, including scheduled and dedicated, are designed to be as direct as possible — no circuitous routes. Our aim is to keep the journey time as short as possible for the comfort and welfare of all the pets on board.
Scheduled. Depending on timing and destination, your pet may be able to join one of our scheduled trips. Costs are shared with other owners. Because we’re transporting a number of pets at the same time, you may need to be a bit flexible about dates.
Dedicated. If your pet needs to travel on a specific date, we can create a trip dedicated to that date. A small number of other pets may join the same trip, but meeting your pet’s travel date will be the priority. This is still a cost-effective way for your pet to travel.
Private. If you prefer your pet to travel alone with our courier, we can organise a private trip with no other pets on board.
tracking your pet
As a company we track our vans but, for data protection reasons, we don’t make live tracking information available to our clients. We’re happy to share our location with you at the end of each day.
However, if your pet has its own tracker, or you wish to add one for the trip, that’s fine with us. Please just let us know it’s there. If your pet isn’t used to wearing a tracking device, you may prefer to attach it to a bag or other item that accompanies your pet.
We can organise boarding for your pet at either end of the trip, to bridge any gaps in dates. Whenever possible, this will be using our own home boarding service or a kennels or cattery that we know and like.
Europe with Animalcouriers
Below is a map of the places where we’ve collected or delivered pets. It will be updated as trips progress.