what Animalcouriers is doing
We’re offering free road transport for Ukrainian pets travelling from Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary and other EU countries to the UK. We can also deliver to other selected destinations in mainland Europe.
- We’re providing our vans at no charge, and our couriers are giving their time for free.
- We’re asking pet owners to contribute £50 towards our customs checking obligations and Channel crossing costs.
Animalcouriers has a quarantine licence. That means if your pet(s) need to go into quarantine on arrival in the UK, we can take care of the end-to-end journey.
first steps for pet owners
Find out how to apply to bring your pet to the UK:
making an enquiry
Before you contact us about transporting your pet to the UK, you must:
- Have applied for and received your visa to stay in the UK
- Have received the emergency licence(s) for your pet(s)
- Competed the ID108 form received from APHA via firstname.lastname@example.org — on this form there is a section which asks for ‘date of entry’. Please check with us that we can get your pet to Calais on the requested date.
Bear in mind too that you will have to cross the UK border at the same time (or at least on the same day) as your pet(s). So when you contact us, please ask for a potential arrival date, giving us a range of preferred days or weeks to work with.
To ask Animalcouriers if we can transport your pet(s) to the UK for you, please complete our UK enquiry form.
To ask us if we can transport your pet(s) to a mainland European destination, please complete our standard enquiry form.
IFAW, the International Fund for Animal Welfare, publishes a page of links to verified information for people fleeing Ukraine with their pets