Bono flies to Melbourne; Cassie, Nya and three cats fly to Sydney; and Capability flies to Bermuda

While couriers J, M and S have been collecting and delivering pets around Europe, courier L has been arranging flights and paperwork for other pets leaving the UK and going further afield, assisted by courier R doing the airport runs.

Gorgeous one-year-old Tibetan Mastiff Bono flew to Melbourne in Australia with Qantas. During the preparations for his flight, he lodged with Jenny, who was understandably sad when it was time to say goodbye. However, his new owner Charmaine, who runs the Temzin Tibetan Masiff Kennels, has been counting down the days until his arrival. The wait is almost over, as Bono has to finish his 10 days at Spotswood Quarantine Kennels before he can meet his new family.

Also flying to Australia were Cassie, Nya and their three feline companions. Animalcouriers originally helped to move Golden Retriever Cassie and the cats to Sydney about three years ago. When the family had to come back to the UK for 18 months, they couldn’t bear to leave their pets behind, so Cassie and the cats came too. On the return trip to Sydney, they were joined by Siberian Husky Nya. Owner Sandra wrote to say:

“The animals are settling in well. It is very warm here and both dogs have shed their coats so we have had hair everywhere!! The cats are out and about in the garden, quite puzzled by large cockatoos flying about and screeching! We have a possum family in the garden along with large lizards which the dogs are fascinated by. Thank you for all your help and care in getting the animals here — we definitely couldn’t have done it without your guidance and attention to detail.”

Meanwhile five-month-old Newfoundland puppy Capability flew to Bermuda. Animalcouriers arranged his paperwork and he stayed overnight with courier R who drove him to London Gatwick to check in for his British Airways flight.

Bono gets a goodbye hug from Jenny, when courier R goes to collect him

Bono gets a goodbye hug from Jenny, when courier R goes to collect him

Cassie at home in Sydney — lucky dogs have a beach at the end of the road!

Cassie at home in Sydney — lucky dogs have a beach at the end of the road!

Capability strikes a pose

Capability strikes a pose

Newfoundlands are known for their gentle, laid-back personalities. Capability spent all of five minutes orienting himself, then dropped off to sleep!

45 Comments

1. digitalgranny March 28, 2014 at 12:06 pm - Reply

Bono is beautiful and reminds me of a big fluffy teddy bear.
    Capability is beautiful and I have never seen a dog like her before.

• Animalcouriers March 29, 2014 at 6:16 pm - Reply

Bono is beautiful and huge – a real softie. Ditto Capability – he’s very laid back too.

2. Lynda March 28, 2014 at 12:18 pm - Reply

Bono is a HUGE dog! What kind is he?

• Lynda March 28, 2014 at 12:21 pm - Reply

Never mind… my page loaded funny this morning and all I saw was pictures with captions at first. When I scrolled back up I saw your whole post and found the answer to my question. 😉

3. Jovina Coughlin March 28, 2014 at 1:40 pm - Reply

I have never seen a newfie with this coloring. I bet he will be the talk of Bermuda.

4. Pix Under the Oaks March 28, 2014 at 2:13 pm - Reply

Those are some BIG puppers!

5. dogdaz March 28, 2014 at 3:02 pm - Reply

I want Bono! What a beauty.

6. easyweimaraner March 28, 2014 at 3:15 pm - Reply

I never saw such a dog like Bono. He is wonderful! I wish they all could come for a stopover to my crib, that would be nice (for me)!

• Animalcouriers March 31, 2014 at 3:07 pm - Reply

Can you imagine the chaos you could create 😀

• easyweimaraner March 31, 2014 at 3:12 pm - Reply

that would probably the event of my life… I have no clue how I could top that once :o)

7. Will and Eko March 28, 2014 at 3:28 pm - Reply

What a cute grizzly bear cub…eh, I mean dog?

8. LifeOfBun March 28, 2014 at 3:28 pm - Reply

BONO! What a big ball of joy!

9. Curt Mekemson March 28, 2014 at 6:37 pm - Reply

So, just how big do Tibetan Mastiffs get? He is a beauty. And I really like the way Capability’s head contrasts with the rest of her body. It’s quite striking. No wonder she likes to pose. –Curt

• Animalcouriers March 31, 2014 at 3:18 pm - Reply

They can reach 82kg – luckily huge bundles of gentleness. Yes, Capability it very striking and will no doubt be strutting his stuff of the beach now 😉

10. The Lonely Dogs March 28, 2014 at 7:15 pm - Reply

Oh my gosh what a gigantic teddy-bear of a dog, no wonder Jenny was sad to see him go! I am not sure that I have ever seen a Tibetan Mastiff before, and am now off to do a google search and learn a bit about those big softies! Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

• Animalcouriers March 31, 2014 at 3:30 pm - Reply

They can grow to be enormous and we think dear Bono might be at the large end of the TM scale!

11. Gunta March 28, 2014 at 7:59 pm - Reply

Hadn’t seen a Tibetan Mastiff before either. What an utterly lovely HUGE ball of fur. Both dogs look so sweet and laid back. I bet they’re a joy to have around.

• Animalcouriers March 28, 2014 at 9:05 pm - Reply

Both are huge softies and their new families are going to adore them.

12. heretherebespiders March 28, 2014 at 8:39 pm - Reply

Bono is much more handsome than the human with the same name! I wonder does he look good in wrap-around shades?

13. The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap March 28, 2014 at 10:40 pm - Reply

Bono is FIVE months old. Big adorable boy! All of them are precious.

• Animalcouriers March 31, 2014 at 3:20 pm - Reply

Now that would be scary – Bono is in fact 1 year old 😉 Capability however is only FIVE months old 😀

14. petspeopleandlife March 28, 2014 at 11:32 pm - Reply

Wow those are some good looking huge dogs. And thd dog that went to Sydney is gorgeous too. I really like the yawning cat in the header. A very good catch at just the right time. 🙂

15. becomingcliche March 29, 2014 at 12:59 pm - Reply

A friend of mine at a TM, and he was tiny – not much bigger than a Lab. Bono looks life-size and so huggable!

• Animalcouriers March 31, 2014 at 3:23 pm - Reply

Well, they can range from 40-82 kgs so your friend’s fellow must have been at the very low end of the scale.

• becomingcliche March 31, 2014 at 3:46 pm - Reply

He was too small to be shown. His littermates, however, were massive!

16. Linda March 29, 2014 at 7:31 pm - Reply

Beautiful dogs, gorgeous photos.

17. Marty the Manx March 30, 2014 at 4:46 pm - Reply

Wow! It just amazes me what all you guys do! You are wonderful!
    Marty’s Mom

18. Boomdeeadda March 30, 2014 at 8:08 pm - Reply

We’ll it’s a doggy palooza over here this morning for me and I LOVE it. Bono is big but you can tell at first glance what a darling he is by just looking into those eyes. I’m totally envious of Cassie’s view, barking out loud that’s a great spot. I wouldn’t mind a daily walk to the beach either. Say, maybe my hubby has some Newfie in him. He tends to nod off quite quickly too 😉

19. Misaki March 31, 2014 at 9:06 pm - Reply

Awww I just know I would be bestie with them in no time!

• Animalcouriers April 1, 2014 at 1:31 pm - Reply

You’re right Misaki, you’d go down very well with the big boys!

20. Clowie April 3, 2014 at 11:50 am - Reply

Bono and Capability are gorgeous! Cassie looks very sweet, almost like a lapdog compared with the others!

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!