Ginger Nuts at the Denizkizi Hotel

Ginger Nuts at the Denizkizi Hotel

Animalcouriers are enjoying the civilised comforts of the Denizkizi Hotel in North Cyprus. They were especially pleased to be greeted by ‘Ginger Nuts’ — a young ginger tom whose clipped ear indicates he’s had the snip as part of Kyrenia Animal Rescue’s neutering programme for stray cats.

Last week he’d spent quite a bit of time sitting on courier M’s lap (who gave him his name). As soon as he spotted us this time, he came straight over, as if to say, where have you been?

Hello, I've missed you!

Hello, I’ve missed you!

The telltale clipped left ear

The telltale clipped left ear

Is this my best side now?

Is this my best side now?

No Comments

1. onespoiledcat Jun 10, 2013 at 6:45 pm - Reply

Oh we’re partial to gingers around here! He looks quite happy to see old friends….does he live IN the hotel??

Pam

• Animalcouriers Jun 10, 2013 at 7:44 pm - Reply

He he – we are very partial too! Not exactly in the hotel but they do try and sneak up to rooms when there are suckers around 😉

2. mollie and alfie Jun 10, 2013 at 7:11 pm - Reply

he is lovely and it’s nice to see he’s had the C**P.. We love ginger kitties too 🙂 xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie

• Animalcouriers Jun 10, 2013 at 7:45 pm - Reply

Having the C**P does mean we get to see these lovely cats when we return. Life is too hard on them otherwise.

3. crazytraintotinkytown Jun 10, 2013 at 7:42 pm - Reply

Love Ginger Nuts – I bet you’re as pleased to see him as he is you after all the drama of the past few days

4. LifeOfBun Jun 10, 2013 at 7:51 pm - Reply

Mauw! ^_^ What a good initiative to neuter cats!!

• Animalcouriers Jun 10, 2013 at 7:54 pm - Reply

Isn’t it great – we walk round town and can instantly recognise all the animals that KAR has helped on the streets.

5. PigLove Jun 10, 2013 at 7:54 pm - Reply

Snorts – he looks like he’s talking to you in that picture. Reminds me of our Hemi here at the Hotel Thompson. XOXO – Bacon

• Animalcouriers Jun 10, 2013 at 7:55 pm - Reply

Oh, he was talking! Think we got the gist of it 😀

• PigLove Jun 10, 2013 at 8:05 pm - Reply

snorticles. that’s my kind of animal – 🙂 XOXO – Bacon

6. Gunta Jun 10, 2013 at 8:42 pm - Reply

There certainly is something special about gingers.
    It’s a bit harder to see the snip from the side, but it’s a great idea.

7. fozziemum Jun 11, 2013 at 12:18 am - Reply

What a character…do love us a ginger ninja here too 🙂 what a great program to run 🙂

• Animalcouriers Jun 11, 2013 at 5:56 pm - Reply

Ha ha – we have a Ginger Ninja too! It’s a great programme and one that should be in operation around the world.

• fozziemum Jun 12, 2013 at 1:17 am - Reply

Here here..too many poor homeless waifs 🙁

8. Zena Jun 11, 2013 at 5:24 am - Reply

What a good name! I like the ginger guys too 🙂

9. Curt Mekemson Jun 11, 2013 at 6:08 am - Reply

It was her best side. I had a ginger cat when I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Liberia, West Africa… named him Rasputin after the Russian monk. He ruled over all the local dogs. –Curt

• Animalcouriers Jun 11, 2013 at 5:58 pm - Reply

Rasputin – will have to remember that one next time! Would have to be a rescue with character as it would be a jolly hard name to live up to as a kitten.

• Curt Mekemson Jun 12, 2013 at 4:07 am - Reply

Rasputin truly was a character. I know he would have been honored to have other cats named after him. (grin)

10. Jamie Dedes Jun 11, 2013 at 10:19 am - Reply

If you’re pretty and you know it ….
    I’m nuts for gingers.

11. Boomdeeadda Jun 11, 2013 at 5:50 pm - Reply

Ginger Nuts! I love that. I had an orange and white cat for 13 years named Ginger too. I named her after Ginger on Gilligan’s Island, did you see that 60’s show in the UK? That’s an awesome program they do, so helpful to keep the population down.

• Animalcouriers Jun 11, 2013 at 6:03 pm - Reply

No, didn’t see it – will have to look out for it. Our all ginger boy is 13 and lords over his minions -and the other cats and dogs 😉

12. It’s so sad to hear of all the street animals there, but nice to know that there are people working on reducing their population. What a sad situation.

• Animalcouriers Jun 12, 2013 at 4:07 am - Reply

It is sad but the trap and neuter programme does help keep the population stable at least.

13. Nylabluesmum Jun 11, 2013 at 7:30 pm - Reply

Pawsum Ginger Nutz..he iz one smart Kitteh fer bememberin you n greetin ya….we KATZ rock ya know!!!
    Lub Nylablue xo

• Animalcouriers Jun 12, 2013 at 4:05 am - Reply

You most certainly do Nylablue!

• Nylabluesmum Jun 13, 2013 at 11:10 pm - Reply

N we KATZ are bery humble…well sort of….ok not BERY much at all, MOL!!!!

• Animalcouriers Jun 14, 2013 at 8:57 am - Reply

Humble isn’t part of your make up at all 😀

• Nylabluesmum Jun 15, 2013 at 12:37 am

Me not eben shure what HUMBLE meanz!!! Asked Mum if me iz n she waz laffin n laffin…..did me sayz sumfing funny??
            Nylablue xo

• Animalcouriers Jun 15, 2013 at 6:16 am

That you did dear Nylablue 😀

14. Lisa at fLVE Jun 12, 2013 at 4:58 am - Reply

Love this. So much personality!

15. Vibeke Henriette Jun 12, 2013 at 10:19 pm - Reply

I just love love love looove your work :)! Thanx for sharing… 🙂

16. gpcox Jun 25, 2013 at 3:41 pm - Reply

This is such a happy blog to be in!! Great work all – take a bow.